- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 149mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, lightly beat together the oil, milk and egg whites. In a separate bowl, mix the flours, salt, baking powder and sugars. Mix mashed bananas into the flour mixture. Stir in the oil mixture just until moist.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010